Updated: May 3, 2019
The information we collect
Our Services offer you different opportunities to provide personal information. For example, you may provide personal information in order to receive daily newsletters, to enter a contest, to complete a quiz, to complete a survey, or to use other features of our Services. The personal information we collect may include name, email address, and other information you provide to us, including as follows:
- • Newsletters: Our Services offer you the chance to subscribe to one or more newsletters by submitting your email address and selecting the newsletter(s) you would like to receive. For information about how to unsubscribe or change your email address, please see the "Choices" Section below.
- • Contests: In order to participate in certain contests or receive prizes, you may be asked to provide additional personal information, including your first and last name and address.
- • Quizzes and Surveys: Our Services may allow you to take quizzes or participate in surveys in which you may be asked information about yourself and your background.
- • Winners’ Pages: Our Services may allow you to have a nickname or handle, picture or avatar, your city and state of residence, and a quotation you write or choose appear on our Winners’ Pages, should you win any of our contests. Please note that the information you provide that is placed on the Services will be available for any user to read, and is therefore will not be private. Winners’ last names never appear on these pages, or any other personally identifying information. You are able to edit a Profile within our system to modify the information that will be seen, or to select to not be listed at all if you are a winner.
- • Contact Us: If you are a publisher or advertiser interested in working with us, we may collect your name, company information, email, and phone number.
In addition to the personal information we collect when you provide such information, we also automatically collect certain information from visitors to our Services. This information does not identify you personally, and includes:
- • Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser and device you use to access the Services, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- • Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our partners use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Information From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you access our Services using your Facebook account, we will have access to certain information from your public Facebook profile, including your name and account information, in accordance with your Facebook privacy settings and the authorization procedures determined by Facebook. In addition, we may append the personal information you provide with additional information from external sources in order to personalize newsletters, advertising, and other content and special offers.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve the Services, provide and deliver you the content you requested, process contests and quizzes, and to communicate with you, such as to send you newsletters and advertisements that we think would be of interest to you, to provide technical notices, and to respond to your comments and questions. We also use the information to monitor and analyze trends, to personalize the Services, and to carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Puzz.com is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
How we disclose the information we collect
- • In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
- • With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
- • Notwithstanding any other provision, we may also engage a data provider who may collect weblog data from you (including IP address and information about your browser or operating system), or place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads or content. These cookies contain no personally identifiable information. The cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us, e.g., your email address, that we may share with a data provider solely in hashed, non-human readable form. To opt-out of these data provider cookies, please go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
If you would like to unsubscribe to any of our newsletters, please refer to the instructions in the newsletters that you receive from us. Alternatively, you can send us mail at: Puzz.com, P.O. Box 14321, Springfield, MO 65814
Third party links
The Services may provide links to other websites or resources ("Linked Sites"). We do not control or endorse such Linked Sites nor have we reviewed or approved any content that appears on such Linked Sites. We are not responsible for the content of any Linked Sites, including a third party's use of any cookies or any other information (such as IP address, browser type or operating system) collected when you click-through to their sites or view advertisements served by them. We strongly encourage you to become familiar with the privacy practices of any websites you visit.
Social sharing features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook "Like" button), which allow you to share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
The Site is not directed toward children under eighteen years of age. If you are under 18 years of age, please do not use the Services or submit any personally identifiable information to us or to our partners. If you believe your child submitted personal information and would like it removed, please contact us at email@example.com.
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Your California privacy rights
If you are a resident of California, California law permits you to request certain information regarding any disclosures of your personal information we have made to other businesses for their own direct marketing purposes. If you would like to obtain this information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to contact us
Should you have any questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.